TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THIS NOTICE AND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE USING THIS SITE
ATTENTION: The Terms and Conditions apply to the entire contents of the Website under the domain name www.cancersupportinternational.com (Website) and to any correspondence by e-mail between us and you. Please read these terms carefully before using the Website. Using the Website indicates that you accept these terms regardless of whether or not you choose to register with us. If you do not accept these terms, do not use the Website. This notice is issued by Cancer Support Limited (Company).
NO MEDICAL ADVICE: The Website does not offer medical advice and nothing contained in the Website is intended to constitute professional advice for medical diagnosis or treatment or to advocate or recommend the purchase or selection of any product, service or to endorse or guarantee the credentials or appropriateness of any health care provider linked to or advertised on this Website. Advice received via this Website should not be relied upon for medical or health decisions and you should consult with an appropriate professional for specific advice tailored to your situation. This Website is not a substitute for a physician or other health provider referral service. This Website does not endorse and disclaims all responsibility for, the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by any physician or other health provider, including, but not limited to, physicians or other health providers referred to you through services linked to this Website. The Company and our suppliers assume no responsibility for how you use the information provided through this Website. You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 1.1 You may access some areas of the Website without registering your details with us. Most areas of the Website are only open to you if you register as a Member.
- 1.2 By accessing any part of the Website, you shall be deemed to have accepted the Terms and Conditions in full. If you do not accept the Terms and Conditions in full, you must leave the Website immediately.
- 1.3 The Company may revise the Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this posting. You should check the Website from time to time to review the then current Terms and Conditions, because it is binding on you. Certain provisions of the Terms and Conditions may be superceded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of the Website.
- 2.1 You are permitted to print and download single extracts from the Website for your own use only and only on the following basis:
- no documents or related graphics on the Website are modified in any way;
- no graphics on the Website are used separately from the corresponding text; and
- the Company's copyright and trade mark notices and this permission notice appear in all copies.
3. SERVICE ACCESS
- 3.1 While the Company endeavours to ensure that the Website is normally available 24 hours a day, the Company shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- 3.2 Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond the Company's control.
4. VISITOR MATERIAL AND CONDUCT
- 4.2 You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from the Website any material:
- that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience; or
- for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals; or
- which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in any country in the world; or
- which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
- 4.3 You may not misuse the Website (including, without limitation, by hacking).
- 4.4 The Company shall fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing the Company to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of clause 4.2 or clause 4.3.
5. LINKS TO AND FROM OTHER WEBSITES
- 5.1 Links to third party websites on the Website are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave the Website. The Company has not reviewed all of these third party websites and does not control and is not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. The Company therefore does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- 5.2 If you would like to link to the Website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the home page of the Website, and subject to the following conditions:
- you do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of the SuPPort and Cancer Support logo;
- you do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around the Website;
- you do not in any way imply that the Company is endorsing any products or services other than its own;
- you do not misrepresent your relationship with the Company nor present any other false information about the Company;
- you do not otherwise use any SuPPort and Cancer Support trade marks displayed on the Website without express written permission from the Company;
- you do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and
- your website does not contain content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- 5.3 The Company expressly reserves the right to revoke the right granted in clause Error! Reference source not found. for breach of these terms and to take any action it deems appropriate.
- 5.4 You shall fully indemnify the Company for any loss or damage suffered by the Company or any of its group companies for breach of clause Error! Reference source not found..
- 6.1 Each registration as a Member is for a single user only. The Company does not permit you to share your user name and password with any other person nor with multiple users on a network.
- 6.2 Responsibility for the security of any passwords issued rests with you.
- 7.1 While the Company endeavours to ensure that the information on the Website is correct, the Company does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on the Website. The Company may make changes to the material on the Website, or to the products and prices described in it, at any time without notice. The material on the Website may be out of date, and the Company makes no commitment to update such material.
- 7.2 The material on the Website is provided "as is", without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, the Company provides you with the Website on the basis that the Company excludes all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill) which, but for this legal notice and terms and conditions, might have effect in relation to the Website.
- 8.1 The Company, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering the Website), and any of the Company's group companies and the officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of any of them, exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with the Website in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of the Website, any websites linked to the Website or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing the Website or your downloading of any material from the Website or any websites linked to the Website.
- 8.2 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit the Company's liability for:
- (a) death or personal injury caused by negligence (as such term is defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977; or
- (b) fraud; or
- (c) misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or
- (d) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- 8.3 If your use of material on the Website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you assume all costs thereof.
- 9.1 You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold the Company, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and suppliers, harmless from and against any claims, actions or demands, liabilities and settlements including without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, resulting from, or alleged to result from, your violation of these Terms and Conditions.
10. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.