They do not know their science if they tell you to
(1) Give up fruit on the basis that it contains sugar.
(2) Give up aubergines (eggplants), potatoes, tomatoes and chilli peppers on the basis that they belong to the deadly nightshade (Solanaceae) family.
(3) Give up all wheat and wheat products.
(4) Give up soya on the basis it contains phyto-oestrogens - advice which is often accompanied by a recommendation to consume dairy products such as yoghurt (now often called probiotics) instead.
(5) Take lots of man-made vitamin and mineral pills or supplements such as extracts of green tea or broccoli (often marketed under their own name and/or sold at great profit).
For the explanations, and for much else besides, please click here to become a SuPPort member (or login if you're already a member).